All submissions of the EM system will be redirected to Online Manuscript Submission System. Authors are requested to submit articles directly to Online Manuscript Submission System of respective journal.

Distribution of ABO and Rh-D blood groups among blood donors at a tertiary level hospital in lower Assam, India.

Author(s): Dipankar Baruah

Abstract

ABO and Rhesus-D blood group antigens are genetically determined integral parts of red blood cell membrane. Among a total 35 blood groups systems and over 600 different blood group antigens discovered so far ABO and Rhesus are the most important blood group system. Importance of Rh-blood group system is due to immunogenicity, polymorphism and complexity of its antigens. Knowledge of ABO and Rh-D antigens and its distribution in population is essential not only for proper management of blood transfusion practice, but also in population genetic studies, in resolving medico-legal issues and also in compatibility testing. ABO and Rh-D grouping were done in 11,100 blood donors in the Blood Bank, Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College & Hospital, Barpeta, Assam. Data on the frequency of ABO and Rh-D blood groups were reported in simple numbers and percentages. Among the various ABO and Rh -D blood groups, “O” (37.29%) group is the most common followed by “B” (33.88%), “A” (22.78%) and “AB” (6.05%) with a predominance’s of Rh positivity (97.34%). The remaining 2.66% was Rh-D negative. Study of distribution of blood group is not only important for effective management of blood bank and transfusion services but it is also essential for geographical information, genetic studies, clinical medicine and forensic medicine in addition to compatibility testing done before transfusion.

image http://dx.doi.org/10.21746/ijbio.2014.03.0023

Share this article


International Journal of Bioassays is a member of the Publishers International Linking Association, Inc. (PILA), CROSSREF and CROSSMARK (USA). Digital Object Identifier (DOI) will be assigned to all its published content.

International Journal of Bioassays [ISSN: International Journal of Bioassays] is licensed under
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
© Copyright 2012-2019. All rights reserved.

izmir escort izmir escort bayanlar bursa escort bayanlar escort izmir ensest porno fake taxi porno hd porno escort bartın escort burdur escort eskişehir izmir escort bursa escort üvey anne pornosu buca escort